Author: Rachel Nunez
Parents are totally dedicated to their children especially on the stage where they begin to learn things around them. As a child continue to accomplish the milestones of growing, parents become more inspired to teach them. Every parent wants to have a child who seems to have advance knowledge. Simply, we want children who are smart and happy, to be themselves.
The big question is how can we raise a smart child? Around the world, most parents use educational toys as an effective tool of learning while having a lot of fun. Since these kinds of toys vary from different styles, colors and shapes of learning, children tend to enjoy playing the toys constantly. Learning starts from playing, so parents should be pickier in choosing the right toys for their child.
You want a smart child? Here are the bright ways to raise one:
1. Explain the value of learning in a more simple and smooth way. Your explanation should not be too complex; simply, it needs to be what they call cool . Emphasize the reasons why they should learn, what they can get from learning and what are the good causes.
2. Provide nutritious food to your child. Instead of feeding them with unhealthy snacks like junk food; cook a healthy meal they would love. Pick vegetables and fruits rich in vitamins that would boost their memory and sharp minds. Children need to be smart in mind and body.
3. Choose the right toys for them; toys that are best and advisable when it comes to learning. For instance, pick educational toys that would help emphasize education in many ways. Pop up books, building blocks, washable books and large puzzle mat are some of the toys that would fill knowledge in their young minds.
4. Encourage your child to engage in recreational activities like outings. Parents should not be too serious in raising a smart child. They should be patient, playful and understanding. Let your child play with other kids, let them enjoy their childhood. They could also learn a lot outside. Just let them have fun.
5. Give them vitamins prescribed by physician. Ask your physician about it. Not only vitamins help in providing energy, it would also help in feeding their minds.
6. Encourage your child every now and then, for every accomplishment made. Though be sure not to drown them with praises or else they would be too dependent on them. Let them feel that their hard works are appreciative.
7. Be a creative parent by creating games for your children. Our mom used to make name tags and post it all over the items in the house. That’s how we learned to spell the words correctly, mom doesn’t care whether the hours look to clutter because of the learning materials mom wants us to learn, and we did!
Learning starts at home; parents are the child’s first teachers. As parents we are responsible for our child developments, so we should provide them the best educational toys we can find. In this way, they could play while they learn or they could learn while they play. Raising a smart child is not that easy, but it could be fun when you know how to apply creativity in your own smart ways.
About the Author: For more tips and information about educational toys, check out http://www.thekidstoystore.com/science-kits.html
Article Source: ActiveAuthors.com